6.08.2011

nursery


I am finally almost finished with our baby's nursery!  Nothing like waiting till the last minute right?  I'll have more pictures soon but I wanted to at least post the rug I just completed.  It wasn't difficult, just time consuming because of the design I decided to do, and because when you are 8+ months pregnant you would be amazed how difficult it is to get up and down from the floor!  I found a tutorial here via design sponge and made my rug in a gray and white chevron pattern.  I made mine just the way she described and didn't have any problems with it along the way or see anything I would recommend doing differently.  I bought two packages of foam mats at Ross Dress for Less just because I was looking for the cheapest mats possible.  Since I was painting them it really didn't make a difference what they looked like.  I decided to make the rug 4 x 6 and threw the extra tiles away.  And on the final step I did two really thick coats of poly to make sure it can hold up to my 19 month old and so far so good.  I really love it and you couldn't find a great contemporary rug like this any cheaper anywhere else, believe me I've looked...and it's so comfy to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment