8.29.2011

call me betty crocker

It's no secret I spend a lot of time on Pinterest.  And for the first time in my life almost all of the recipes I have tried that I've spotted on Pinterest have been really good.  Today I made these Shirley Temple cupcakes for my former co-workers just because I love them and miss them so much!  I thought they were good and I got a few good comments about them so I wanted to share the recipe. 


Mine were not gluten free because I didn't have any gluten free flour but if you need to make something gluten free these would be great to try.

A few other great Pinterest recipes I've made recently:

This was sooo good.  My husband had seemed disappointed when I told him we were having salmon for dinner but loved it and has been asking for it ever since.  I served mine with rice and it reminded me of a Philadelphia sushi roll.  So good!  I added sesame oil to mine just because I love sesame oil.  I think it always completes any Asian recipe.


These were really good as well and so easy.  I added chicken to mine.  It should be pretty cheap to make if you figure out the cost per serving.  Gidget loved it!


I can't lie.  I drink chocolate milk like a 5 year old.  And it was even worse when I was pregnant.  With both of my pregnancies my husband was always asking how I could eat every meal with a glass of chocolate milk.  What can I say, I love it.  Between that and apple juice (I told you I have the appetite of a 5 year old) I have set both of my girls up to be juice and chocolate milk addicts for life after both of my pregnancies.  So, thanks to me Gidget has lately become obsessed with chocolate milk.  About a week ago we ran out of chocolate syrup which has become an emergency in our house if Gidget doesn't have constant access to chocolate milk.  (For you concerned readers, don't worry I barely put any syrup in her cup).  I thought about running to the store to get more but it had also been bothering me that I didn't know exactly what was in the chocolate syrup I was giving her.  So I found this recipe.  It's so good, it tastes just like anything you would buy in the store.  It is good for two months, which is enough time in our house to go through a bottle before it goes bad.  And, when I compared the ingredients of this recipe with Nestle's recipe its the same except they have a few added chemicals at the end.  Needless to say, I don't think we will be buying chocolate syrup from the store anymore.  This recipe is so easy to make too.  Now I just need to find a cute bottle to store it in.  

Let me know of any great recipes that I need to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment