8.23.2011

$585 lamp in my garage!

Okay I just had to share this.  Let me begin by saying that my house does NOT look the way I want it to.  It all started the day we came home from the hospital with Birdie.  It had bothered me a little before but being put under house arrest with two babies makes you really really reflect on every inch of your house.  And it bugs me so bad it makes me want to climb the walls.  If I had my way I would clear 85% of my house out tomorrow and start over.  I'm not kidding.  I've been putting a few things on eBay but this week I'm getting serious, if I don't love it, need it, or have a significant memory with it, it's going, on eBay. 

There are three reasons my house now looks the way it does: No. 1: Lack of funding, we just went from two incomes to one.  Enough said.  No. 2: I can't just run to the store for anything anymore.  I have to find a babysitter if I need to go out for anything.  And it's not usually worth it.  No. 3: I know that I am crazy but I never baby proofed my house until absolutely necessary.  Which means that as Gidget has discovered things I have moved them to a higher location or else it was destroyed.  She seriously loves to play with everything and it usually gets damaged in the process.  So every shelf from the floor to about 3 feet up is empty or nearly empty.  It looks insane.  Like an oopma loompa came in the night and robbed us.

Anyways, I have a vintage lamp in the garage which I don't think I've used since I lived with my sister when my husband and I were dating.  I've been thinking lately I want to bring it back in my house but am trying to decide if I want to take the chance of it getting broken.  I was window shopping online tonight and came across this lamp.  Well after seeing this now I'm really scared...

available here

$585!  And they are almost identical.  If it wasn't so late I would run out into the garage right now and take a picture to prove it.  Same shape, same color, mine has a tad bit of cobalt mixed in the paint, but other than that it's a dead ringer for my lamp.  I'm going to have to find a place for it again and bring it back in...unless someone wants to pay me $500 for it, I don't love it THAT much!  To make an offer and get a bargain, just email me and we can work something out.  The sale of the lamp will go to the highest bidder.  Just kidding, but seriously...   


No comments:

Post a Comment