2.19.2013

Spinach Smoothie



I don't know about you but it is definitely time to try to get back into the healthy swing of things.  I've been horrible since the holidays and now I have no excuse.  Here's where the spinach smoothie comes in.  I have been really bad about making these lately but normally the girls and I try to have one every morning and I can really tell a difference when we are having these regularly.  The girls love them and so do I.  If you're a little worried about the taste of the spinach, don't be.  I was skeptical for a long time.  The thought of spinach in a blender can be a little hard to look past at first but I promise you can't taste it.  So go make one.  It's so good!

Recipe:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
large handful of fresh spinach
large handful of strawberries (or whatever fruit you have on hand)
1 banana
4-6 ice cubes
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tbsp. lingonberry preserves

Throw it all in the blender and mix it all together.  How easy is that?!  Change it up however you want.  I add the honey and cinnamon in the winter to try to ward off illnesses.  So those are totally up to you.  The lingonberries I add because Dr. Oz says so.  (He says it's the new superfruit and we do what he says, right?)


Have a great Tuesday!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yep the other ingredients should batter down the taste of the spinach to make it a delicious healthy sip I imagine. 
     
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    ¤ Amateur Cook

    ReplyDelete