11.08.2011

trick or treat

Sorry if it seems like I've been living under a rock lately.  I really have to work on being dedicated to blogging, but in the last two weeks between Gidget's 2nd birthday and halloween and all of my little diy's it has been very busy around Casa de Lucas.

I have done a ton of diy's, some have been a disaster and some have turned out pretty good.  I'll be sharing the good ones ASAP.  Two weeks ago was Gidget's 2nd birthday and I had a ton of ideas, way more than I had time to accomplish, as usual.  We had a vintage circus theme.  I saw a circus invite that I loved awhile back and our theme was born.  Of course, our invite wasn't beautifully letterpressed but I still loved them and they were so fun and easy to make.



Made a birthday balloon wreath...I'm sure it will be getting lots of love over the next few years.

The favor boxes seemed to go over well, they were paper popcorn boxes (from Hobby Lobby) filled with animal crackers and little fish soaps. For the soap there were two tutorials that I read before making them and then I just kind of went for it.  They didn't turn out as lovely as the tutorials, probably because I didn't use the rubbing alcohol step but Gidget still loves using her soap every day hoping to get through to that goldfish soon. Tutorial No. 1; Tutorial No. 2
By the way, it was kind of cute when one or two of the fish settled belly up in the soap!

I also made Gidget's outfit.  She was a little ringmaster but I can't seem to locate a picture of her with her hat on!  I'm going to miss the days when the girls don't let me play dress up with them anymore!

Pictures of the day:
This Elmo laughs and rolls around on the floor.  Gidget is terrified of him when he's in action and will scream and smack him in the forehead until he falls over.  I need to get it on videotape, it's so cute!





...........

Halloween was celebrated at our church family fall festival and at the grandparents.  I made both of the girls costumes.  Birdie was a little indian and Gidget was going to be Snow White until the day before and we made the decision to throw it out and start all over.  Which means I spent the day before Halloween making her a little senorita/flamenco dancer costume.  She seemed to love twirling in it and now no one can say we're not multi-cultural.




This cracks me up.  If she sees something she wants she goes for it!


(Sorry Senor Lucas is never in any pictures, he absolutely loathes them and will do whatever it takes to NOT be in a picture). 

In unrelated news, if you haven't seen this movie and don't mind a documentary I highly recommend it.  Bill Cunningham is such a kind, endearing, authentic man.  I found it to be very inspirational.  Mr. Cunningham has a new fan, I think he's just the cutest!

  
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment